Philippians chapter 4
key text: Phil 4:6 – “Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be known to God.”
- I worry a lot, but here is a command not to.
- The point is that God will take care
- Or maybe that our worries are to be given over to God. It doesn’t mean God will give us whatever we ask for, but that God will ease our worry in a big way.
- Makes a point that we may worry about a few things, but we are to go to God “in everything.”
- This reminds us to pray in all circumstances and about everything we experience – not just the worries or negative things – everything.
- Again, this will ease worry through having a lifestyle of prayer.
- Note that the posture of prayer is thanksgiving. Its hard to worry when you are thankful.