2 Thessalonians 3
Key Text: 2 Thes 3:6b – “keep away from believers who are living in idleness and not according to the tradition that they received from us.”
- Difficult to apply today as everyone is so busy.
- But is everyone busy with the right things?
- Are we trapped by our “running around”?
- Maybe we need salvation from being busy, but not in order to just do nothing. We are set free to be about God’s work.
- It is easy to use the Church as a place to “re-charge” and to assign the Christian life that purpose.
- But the Christian life is all of life. Being about God’s work is an all the time activity.
- This verse has a kind of proactive feel to it. God is the one who directs us in what we do. Anything else is “idling” or living on autopilot.
- How much of our busy-ness could be considered idling if idling is not really “no activity”, but activity without any direction from God?