1 Timothy 1
Key text: 1 Tim 1:5 – “But the aim of such teaching is love that comes from a pure heart, a good conscience, and sincere faith.”
- Context is teachers who have gotten caught up in speculations and “meaningless talk.”
- The implication is to not forget the point of teaching/preaching.
- We are to learn in order to love.
- teaching is meant to shape character, leading to a pure heart, good conscience and sincere faith.
- We don’t just learn and then by force of will put that knowledge to practice. Our learning over time changes us into more Christ-like people.
- This all leads to love that comes from the right place – from our identity in Christ.