2 Timothy 4
Key Text: 2 Tim 4:2 – “proclaim the message; be persistent whether the time in favorable or unfavorable; convince, rebuke, and encourage, with the utmost patience in teaching…”
- The emphasis is always on the message
- I need to take more time in preparing my sermons
- I have gotten too reliant on my comfort in preaching after doing it for 5 years.
- I need to challenge and hold myself to account to become a better preacher.
- This will begin, I think, by really asking what I think proclaiming the message will really do for those who hear it.
- Some weeks I feel like I am preparing a sermon because “there has to be a sermon on Sunday”
- I ought to be preparing a sermon because the hearing Word of God can change people’s lives.