“Now during those days he went out to the mountain to pray; and he spent the night in prayer with God. And when day came, he called his disciples and chose twelve of them, whom he also named apostles.”
- Luke 6 is really an amazing chapter.
- The order of what Jesus does is so important. Prayer and then choosing his apostles.
- Jesus was in high demand already by this time, and he was making time to pray. We need to make time to pray
- After prayer Jesus had a direction, he knew which leadership to call
- If the leadership in church prays together, God will give us the direction
- Jesus had way more disciples than the 12, but he chose the 12 and set them apart. God sets certain leaders apart to lead the other disciples. This isn’t really a higher calling than being a disciple, but it is a greater responsibility.
- The 12 were disciples before they were leaders